Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Wednesday morning;

9:00am; The phone rings, its an 818 area code. I blew it off thinking it was just another telemarketer or someone trying to sell me some insurance that everyone knows I need some how. I let the voice message pick it up and if it was important enough then they would leave a message right?

9:10am; Phone rings again, same number. What the heck man! Just leave a message! I figured Id answer if it had to be that important...turns out it was JPL asking my plans for the weekend. I reply with nothing (even if I had a crap ton of work to get done, you dont tell JPL your busy)

12:00 noon; Im on my way to SLO airport to partake in a CRAZY 3 day trip to Argentina to watch the launch of my project I was working on over the past summer. I have thrown the best of the best pictures together for your viewing pleasure.
My first stop being the launch site.
This the the butte that they are throwing up, crossing fingers that it does not have the same fate as NASA's 248 million mess up at Vandenberg.
Next stop was a ride to the Bed and Breakfast I got to call home and set up a computer to connect with all of you guys at home

setting up the blog....
The office room never seems to be used......at all!
I then was allowed to visit the city...Buenos Aires...with 2 other team members. We grabbed a cab before dinner in which the itinerary will then be handed out.
In the middle of the city are ruins from long ago. Diego tells me they are ruins from a 4th century Roman temple.....I argue that it was a place of sacrifice and death for the God of wealth......he was right.
Argentina's most famous cemetery,La Recoleta Cemetery is the burial ground for Buenos Aires' rich and powerful. Since political power plays kept her body from being buried in Argentine soil, there is a bronze plaque noting the final resting place of the beloved Evita PerĂ³n.

We then take a trip to La Boca, Argintina's most tourist-oriented neighborhoods.
Too bad its also one of Buenos Aires poorest places as well :(
I dont know what this guy is doing paint like that but I figured he wanted to be as manly as possible and stay away from pink!
Dego and wifey....get it man get it!

After a great visit, we caught some dinner and the launch time and viewing decks.....had to go with my roots on choice of beverage

And watching my project go up in flames....literally!!!
You can really see how it lights up a cloud covered sky! I did not need any flashlight for the whole 18 seconds it was in my sight!

1 comment: