Thursday, September 11, 2008

Good Morning 7th Anniversary

There seems to be a pattern here. 1st the end of the world is predicted. Then its the 7th anniversary of 9/11. It is a surreal event and I am saddened for those who had relatives or friends involved but the only reason I bring it up is because I have to great friends that are at ground zero today. The Bear does bring up a good point, every time this subject comes up it seems like we all must recount our exact whereabouts leading up to this tragedy. Not being one to be denied I must give you readers MY take on that day. We were all in high school and I saw the tele before I left that something exploded into one or both, cant remember, of the towers. Went on with my business and headed towards Mr. Beach's Physics class. As I arrive at school and enter into his classroom, a girl comes walking out crying. Naturally I asked what was wrong and she pointed out the fact that the towers fell and gave me a look that would strike down Zeus. Good grief woman! I soon learned the impact it had on all of us and each year gives me a little more insight towards what our nation is built upon. I do feel that this empire is falling however, and that greater changes than just a new President must be put in to action.

On the lighter side of things, before I snowball this whole post, I wanted to let you know that I ordered a complete fixed gear. I will not have a car this school year so what better way to get around? A few of my friends put together a fixed gear forum for those of us in SLO so I urge you to check it out!

Also, second to last day at work so I brought a few mason stickers to JPL and a camera.....lets see where the jar can go!

No comments: